Each year, the Wyoming Highway Patrol Association, depending upon financial condition, grants a minimum of two $1,000 scholarships to those eligible applicants found most worthy. Scholarships are awarded in the following order of priority:
- Dependents of WHPA members, WHP retirees, former WHP members who are retired due to disability, or deceased members and who are entering studies in law enforcement on a full-time basis.
- Any spouse, dependents of WHPA members, WHP retirees or former WHP members who are retired due to disability and who are entering studies in areas other than law enforcement on a full-time basis.
- Dependents of any WHP employee who are entering studies in law enforcement on a full-time basis.
- Dependents of any WHP employee who are entering studies in areas other than law enforcement on a full-time basis.
- Any member of the WHPA who is entering studies in an institute of higher learning. However, the amount allocated in this category shall not exceed the total cost of the tuition and shall be reduced by the amount of possible tuition reimbursement available through the State Tuition Refund Program.
Prior academic performance shall be considered first in awarding all scholarships. Final determination shall be made by the Scholarship Committee based upon the above guidelines and any other information the committee deems relevant. Items needed by the committee in addition to the application are:
- Transcript of last semester of education
- Updated activity sheet — includes all activities and humanitarian activity the applicant would like the committee to consider. Includes activities both in and out of school.
Deadline is April 1st at midnight! All applications must be emailed, postmarked or hand delivered by this deadline— no exceptions! Individual application forms are available from your local division representative. Or you can download the Scholarship Application right here and right now by clicking the two following links. PDF format or Microsoft Word format. Email the application to this address.